Friday, March 4, 2011

Party time!

Okay, everyone, this little (alright, not-so-little) lady is gearing up for the big party tomorrow.  I had planned to spend some time each day doing a little bit of organizing to prepare, but Monday turned out to be a wash (with pregnancy nausea rearing its ugly head again).  Tuesday was productive, as was Wednesday.  Thursday was a midwife appointment, and then an unexpected crash in bed during Luke's nap.  (Again, never can tell when the pregnancy will take a toll.)  It wasn't until my wonderful husband suggested a trip to Sam's Club while he bathed Luke and put him to bed, that I was re-energized for party prep.

Out I went into the cold, and got everything we needed.  Upon returning home, not only did my wonderful hubby carry in the groceries, I also caught him working on his to-do list for the party.  Gotta love him!  I put away the food, and got cooking.  As of this moment, the pasta salad is made, the potatoes have been boiled, the cookies baked.  I do have a number of things left on this list of mine, but I am feeling productive today, and I think this is do-able.

So why is this such a big deal to me?  To be honest, I don't know.  I want to throw a nice party, that's my goal, and I am doing everything within my power to make it that way.  I will post some photos of the decorations and the party on Sunday.  I think it will be a great success!

2 comments:

  1. HELLO!!!! I had no idea you had a blog! Can you believe all those months ago we were gearing up for birth and now our babies have been here for a year already.

    I hope Luke has a fantastic birthday party. Enjoy it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have been following you for a few months now... you mentioned your website at the last gathering at Britt's and I found you that way.

    It's crazy that a year has passed already! He's not really a baby anymore!

    ReplyDelete