Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Life as a Stay-at-Home Mom

I have been thinking about writing some narrative-style pieces for the blog, chronicling our day-to-day life from my perspective.  That perspective is constantly changing depending on the daily circumstances, so I cannot guarantee there will be any reasonable flow to pieces written at different times.  At times, I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with Luke, raising him, taking care of our home, and enjoying every little milestone.  Other times, I feel like pulling my hair out with the incessant cleaning, meal-preparation (because when you are home for every meal, you must prepare it, eat it, feed it to the baby, and clean it up!), and just the mundane little pieces of day-to-day life.  So you can imagine, with my feelings ranging from both ends of the spectrum, there would be quite an array of stories to share!

I will work on my first piece sometime in the coming days, and I think it will be inspired by a text-message conversation with Chris.  The texts read as follows:

Me: "Started the day with baby poop on my hand, and now I have a boy wants to by my butt buddy. Life as a SAHM!"

Hub:"Glamorous isn't it?"

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment