Wednesday, July 14, 2010

From Laying to Standing

Luke was practicing his new skills the other day, and he discovered a new one.  He can go from laying to standing (yes, standing!) all in one swift motion.  I've gone over this with him so many times, I can break it down step-by-step:

  1. Luke lays on my legs or some flat surface.
  2. He grabs onto my thumbs, and I grip his wrists for support.
  3. He lifts his head and straightens his back.
  4. I give a slight pull, and his leg muscles tense up.
  5. He jerks himself forward as I pull slightly.
  6. Voila!  He's a standing 4-month-old baby!
Now I need to worry about the "steps" he's taking after he stands!  It's crazy, but he can support all of his weight (and balance it) for a few seconds on his own.  Of course, I continue to hold his wrists for support, but if we are somewhere soft, I don't fret about the possibility of toppling over.

We'll video this soon and post for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment