Saturday, April 24, 2010

Locks of Love

I post this for no other reason than to share some shame of mine.  When Christopher and I got married, I had the longest hair I've ever had.  I loved it for a while, but it got to be too much, and I was eager to cut it off after the wedding.  Exactly one week after the wedding in September 2008, I went to the salon and had Richard (best stylist ever!) cut off 13 inches of hair.  He bagged it for me to send to Locks of Love.  Nice, right?  It would have been a lot nicer if I had not left my ponytails hanging out in a box in my house for 18 months!  (Before you start going, "EWWW, GROSS!" please remember that hair is already dead on your head, so it's not like it was rotting away in that box or anything!)  I kept meaning to send it, but I just never got around to it, then I was pregnant and I had no motivation to do anything extra.

Note the date on the certificate.  While I am attempting to defend myself, I'm actually pretty ashamed.  At least some little kid somewhere will eventually benefit from my old ponytails!



No comments:

Post a Comment