Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I am now emotionally ready to share the latest pregnancy update. When I received this information on Monday, I was hoping the my next blog post would be sharing photos of the baby and our birth story. Alas, we are still one, and the baby has decided to stay put for a while longer. Now it is Thursday evening, and I am 40 weeks, 4 days. It is time for an update.

I have my next prenatal appointment on Monday, 8 days post due date. If we make it to that appointment, we will also have some post-date testing next week - a non-stress test and ultrasound to check fluid levels. At that Monday appointment, we will schedule an induction for the day I turn 42 weeks (Sunday, March 7). Should any of the post-date testing come back with concerning results, I will be sent to the hospital to be induced immediately (either Monday, March 1, or Thursday, March 4 - the days of my post-date tests.

Obviously, the hope is the baby decides to come on his own before these appointments. However, if he does not, the best we can hope for is a healthy read on the post-date testing and a happy, still-developing baby. I am going to continue to be happy and positive for a natural birth. I continue to listen to my Hypnobabies relaxation tracks, take walks, drink lots of water, and all the other naturally-inducing activities I can think of....

The best way to look at this is to know that in 10 days or less, we will meet our baby. I've waited 10 months.... the last 10 days should be easy to handle!


No comments:

Post a Comment