Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pregnancy Update

It is now February 3, 2010, and I am still pregnant. That's the big news. I had yet another midwife appointment today. She estimated the baby to be about 6 pounds now. Since I am nearly 38 weeks, this little guy could come at any time.

At last week's appointment, I was about 1 cm dilated, and while I don't have a number to share from this visit, I KNOW I am further along than 1 cm... for sure! How do I know this? Well, I'll just say there are certain "feelings" one has when dilation is happening. Of course, the Braxton Hicks contractions help that along, as well.

Other updates... the baby has "dropped" and apparently my belly is visibly lower than it has been in recent weeks. This is good build up to the birth. We want him low and preparing for being born. Another good sign is his decrease in movement. Apparently this means he is conserving energy for birth. I am fine with that!

I am going to guess February 10 to be his birthday. That's my guess, and I'll accept the possibility of being wrong, but I just think he's coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment