Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Home!

Today is one year to the day since we made settlement on our home. Yikes, a year!

Although we didn't move in until mid- to late-July, according to paperwork, we've been homeowners for a year. It's time for some reflection, I guess, and all I can think about is how much we've done in that year!

When I consider what we have done to the house in just a year, I am pretty amazed, even though there is still work to be done. We completely gutted the second floor from ceilings to floors and everything in between. I think we've definitely accomplished our goals for the first year.

Going forward, I think the focus will be getting organized and maintaining it. It's only a matter of time before Chris makes me do a "clean sweep" of the house and rid it of clothes and things not used within our first year. Of course most of the junk is mine. But I am working on it. I am much better now than I've ever been. I am becoming more tidy and organized everyday. I think that the new work-from-home job will help me to continue being more focused on keeping a nice home. (I sound like an 1950s housewife there!)

And of course, we will try to re-do the bathrooms and kitchen when we aren't so broke due to the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment