- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I use Trader Joe's fire roasted diced tomatoes)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can black olives (buy sliced, or dice on low in the food processor)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 packet Mexican-style shredded cheese
- sour cream (to taste)
- guacamole (to taste)
- salsa (to taste)
- Brown the beef, drain, then return to pan with diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. Let liquid mixture reduce while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare casserole dish with a thin layer of enchilada sauce, so the tortillas won't stick.
- Layer the 6 tortillas over the sauce.
- Add layer of refried beans. For me, this involves spooning out many small spoonfuls across the layer of tortillas.
- Add half the olives.
- Add half the corn.
- Add half the beef mixture.
- Add half the cheese
- Pour on a thin layer of enchilada sauce, adding more at the edges where the tortillas might be bare.
- Repeat steps 3-9 for the second layer of lasagna.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Have salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole on hand as toppings.
Wow, is this a yummy meal! Super easy and fast.