Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mexican Lasagna Recipe

I love me some Artsy Fartsy Mama!  Her blog is full of fun, easy recipes.  I have now made two recipes from her website, and we all loved both!  Today, I will highlight her Mexican Lasagna.  I have made several small changes to the recipe to suit our own tastes.  The recipe I include below is my version of her recipe.  Her original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:

  • 12 small corn tortillas
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (I use Trader Joe's fire roasted diced tomatoes)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 can black olives (buy sliced, or dice on low in the food processor)
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 1 jar enchilada sauce
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1 packet Mexican-style shredded cheese
  • sour cream (to taste)
  • guacamole (to taste)
  • salsa (to taste)
  1. Brown the beef, drain, then return to pan with diced tomatoes and taco seasoning.  Let liquid mixture reduce while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
  2. Prepare casserole dish with a thin layer of enchilada sauce, so the tortillas won't stick.
  3. Layer the 6 tortillas over the sauce.
  4. Add layer of refried beans. For me, this involves spooning out many small spoonfuls across the layer of tortillas.
  5. Add half the olives.
  6. Add half the corn.
  7. Add half the beef mixture.
  8. Add half the cheese
  9. Pour on a thin layer of enchilada sauce, adding more at the edges where the tortillas might be bare.
  10. Repeat steps 3-9 for the second layer of lasagna.
  11. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Have salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole on hand as toppings.

Wow, is this a yummy meal!  Super easy and fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment