Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reflections on Having a Baby...

It's hard to believe that I am (one-day shy of) 35 weeks! I look back and I can hardly understand where the time went. It feels like just yesterday I was taking the test and running to Barnes and Noble to buy What to Expect When You're Expecting, thinking that I had such a long road ahead of me, and now, here we are months and months later, and there is a baby about to be born. It is truly amazing how time plays tricks on us.

So we are waiting for our little son to be born, and I couldn't be more excited to meet him. I talk to him everyday about life "on the outside" and how much he will love the world. Chris and I have both been writing little messages to him in a journal throughout the pregnancy, and recently, I began to work on video journal entries for him. I feel like there is so much I want him to know about life, and us, and the world. Even though I'm no expert on these things, it's starting to feel like my responsibility to keep him safe and on the right track in his life, which begins so soon!

Looking down at my belly, it is sometimes really hard to believe there could be a baby in there, but then he kicks or moves or wiggles, and I am reminded of how lucky I am to be able to experience this. At this stage of pregnancy, it's difficult to move, sleep, and get around, but I can't complain. I want to remember every little feeling I have and to be thankful for this little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment